I am working
at the Department of Algebra
at the University of Linz.
Since 1997 I have been involved in the
a GAP-package for the
computation with near-rings.
From October 2006 to September 2007 I was visiting the
Department of Mathematics at the
University of Colorado at Boulder
supported by the Austrian science fund
(FWF) via an Erwin-Schrödinger-Grant.
The topic of my research was clones of polynomial and term functions on groups
and Mal'cev algebras. Here is a detailed
description and here is one
Something completely different:
- Übung Mathematik 3, Studiengang CMS (Winter 08/09) .
- Übung Sicherheit in Mobilsystemen, Studiengang MC (Winter 07/08).
Organizing the AAA76
conference together with E. Aichinger and G. Pilz
My current research interests are group theory, universal algebra, and
Some questions for which I would like to have an answer:
- clones (polynomial, term functions on algebraic structures,
compatibility, interpolation, completeness);
some typical results can be found on this poster.
- varieties (expanded groups, Malcev terms, equations in algebraic structures, finiteness conditions)
- actions of groups (infinite sharply 2-transitive permutation groups, Frobenius groups, representation theory)
- Is there an infinite sharply 2-transitive permutation group with point
stabilizer of finite exponent?
- Let A be a subgroup of order pq (p,q not necessarily distinct primes)
of the point stabilizer of an infinite sharply 2-transitive permutation
group. Is A cyclic?
- (Mazurov, Kourovka Notebook 14.58) Let A be a group of prime exponent that
acts Frobenius (ie, fixed-point-free, regular) on a vector space.
Is A cyclic?
- Determine the finite subgroups of the multiplicative groups of
- Is the transposition on a general linear group over some infinite field
(reals, complex numbers,...) a polynomial function?
Here you can find my papers.
For my presentations you can also look at the university's database
for research documentation,
Visit me at my office at Linz University, room KG416.
Send me an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Try to skype me.
My phone number is ++43 732 2468 9143.
Our department has a fax with the number ++43 732 2468 8499.
My postal address: Department of Algebra, Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Altenberger Strasse 69, 4040 Linz, Austria, Europe.